Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Seasons go by too fast

It just seems like yesterday, that it was the beginning of Summer.

And here it is today, the first day of Fall.

Since we had a very dry and hot Summer, drought conditions, I don't think we'll see too much Fall colors.
I hope I am wrong.

I did see across the street the other day, the little trees planted a year ago were changing, beautiful reds.



We had a gusty Thunderstorm last night with a great 'lightning' show.
Nearby, about 5 miles away, a tree in the woods fell over on the lines causing a fire, leaving some without electric for a few hours. Luckily the firemen were able to get it under control and out.

This morning, the sun was trying to come out to burn the fog out with the morning colors



The rain guage said we got almostt 4/10", we could of used more like inches but we are so thankful for the amount  to the grass, crops and flowers.Already the greens look abit greener.


The temps are supposed to get up to the high 90's tomorrow before they go back to Fall temps of 70's on Sunday.

Welcome 'Fall' and may this season be less harsh than the Summer.







2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous fall colors in that first photo and very beautiful sunrise in the second. They would make great framed pictures and great calendar pics.

    ReplyDelete