This past week, we were busy getting school supplies and getting ready for back to school days.
Both of my kids are in the same school this year, Middle school.
My son is starting 6th grade and my daughter is starting 8th grade.
For the next grade, they will be in different schools.
Here's the first day of school, August 30th, while many will start after Labor day, mine are ready to go!
Both enjoy talking and really have lots to say while waiting for the bus
Meanwhile I gets lots done, some days I am away at work, the other days, I fill my time running errands, mowing the grass, house stuff to complete, paperwork, visiting my mother who is now 80 years old, finding time for me and taking my puppy for walks.
This is Cocoa, a mix of beagle and I hear she may get as big as my beloved Jojo,50 lbs. or so.
I enjoy taking pictures, and I try to take some daily if I find something interesting.
I have several photo groups I belong to, that I get to learn more about photography and share my enthusiasm.
I believe everyday there is something 'new' to make a memory.
I was lucky to find a beautiful monarch butterfly that kept landing on the zinnias.
He even let me takes lots of pictures and I got as close as a few inches way.
It must be my lucky butterfly week as the day before, I saw this Zabulon Skipper
(tiny as ~1/2 inch together)
I haven't seen any hummingbirds and/or butterflies at the Cannas I planted this year, perhaps next year.
Enjoying the quietness cause the hours pass quickly and my kids are back from school to share what they did all day and work on their homework before having their free time.
Lucky for the holiday, we have a four day Labor weekend off, time to have abit of Summer fun before the real 'Fall begins' and back to the books again.





Beautiful butterfly pic
ReplyDelete