Today is Fasnacht day or Fat Tuesday.
"Fasnacht, sometimes spelled Fastnacht or Faschnacht,
is a fatty doughnut treat served traditionally on Fastnacht Day (Shrove Tuesday),
the day before Lent starts.
Fasnachts were made as a way to empty the pantry of lard, sugar, fat, and butter,
which were traditionally fasted from during Lent.
I started a day early but no worry, there is plenty to go around.
It's known, if you eat a Fascnact, you will be good all year.
(so hopefully I will be good all year. ;0 )
which were traditionally fasted from during Lent.
I started a day early but no worry, there is plenty to go around.
It's known, if you eat a Fascnact, you will be good all year.
(so hopefully I will be good all year. ;0 )

You made me hungry looking at the those fastnachts. You had the proper lighting to make them look especially good.
ReplyDelete