Thursday, December 2, 2010

Giving Thanks

This past weekend was giving many thanks on Thanksgiving.
First, getting to work and being thankful that I can work though at times, I wish to be retired !

I was lucky to get a free Thanksgiving meal of turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and green beens. I skipped the dessert of minced pie. 
I had a small dinner with my family when I got home and happy to relax and not go anywhere.

The next day, Black Friday, stayed home from the stores and got ready to go for the family BIG Thanksgiving dinner with the little ones. I always enjoy seeing the little ones, they grow so fast.


This is my hubby's neice and her youngest one


and the other three older ones




These two are my hubbys neices' two daughters, full of energy and smiles

This is my hubby's nephew holding his nephew and reading
The  BIG news is my hubby's nephew got engaged and the BIG wedding will be in September 2011!
Congratulations Tyler and Jess !

The next evening, Saturday, was another BIG Christmas family dinner
and so I got to eat again !

Here is my first plate of ham, baked tomatoes, green beans, stuffing, olives.
I do regret that for the meals, I couldn't find any oyster filling !!!
(Oh well, maybe another time) 


While there were alot of family pictures I took,this one is a memorable one. 
It is of my hubby's Uncle Nelson with his family including Eric Kratz who played for the Pittsburg Pirates last season. 
Right now, Eric is in between getting chosen for the Phillies or the Reading Phillies. 
It is neat knowing a sports celebrety !  :)



Everyday, I give thanks to God, that I have gone thru so much ups and downs 
and appreciate the family and what I have.





Enhanced by Zemanta

5 comments:

  1. And you have great kids! Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post. Thanks for sharing, Sue Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks reduzNreuz - family is great when you're included in the good times ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great family pictures and the food looks good!

    ReplyDelete